Friday, November 12, 2010

Hidden Valley Ranch Snack Mix

Vegan Mofo: Pumpkin soup with corn

Hello!

seems that now if now is the winter (or at least cold Mexicali), we're getting cold clothes and long sleeve pajamas is a "must- " sleep warm. Also the time has come to soups to help warm the body and heart, that of " chicken broth for the soul " (or something) is very true - but as the V egan Mofo, we can make it "vegetable broth for the soul" ') --.

So, to open these days of hot soups, nothing like that has become a very traditional around here: the corn Pumpkin!


Of course, the pumpkin is already an indispensable vegetables at home, and is linked to special moments for us.

When Henry and I were dating me and I operated emergency had to remove the gallbladder because it was full of rocks! augh! So after I left the hospital I had to be careful with my diet, especially, with fat and one of the recurring dishes for me were the steamed squash. It's that simple, so rich.

One day Henry went to visit me and my mom very nice, offered to eat with me, I served a dish of squash and mega him, as would be well accepted and todititititas ate! Longer and more confident after I said that pumpkins were far from something you love, hahaha! Poor! what makes a good impression provided; ') Without But little by little I was holding baby, therefore, that for our wedding was the soup: cream of zucchini squash served in a round! Obviously, after these two moments, pumpkins have a new flavor and new meaning for us = o)

So here's a quick recipe muyyyy muuyyy easy (as I like) to enjoy a rich soup on cold days.

Pumpkin soup with corn

2 large pumpkins, washed and diced
1 / 2 onion
sliced \u200b\u200b2 cloves garlic, minced 1 packet
tomato puree (or if you have time, you can do it yourself)
1 cup water (or more depending on the consistency you want)
1 cup corn ;
a bunch of cilantro, washed and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
few drops of lemon, to taste
Put warm olive oil and saute the onions and garlic.


Add the squash, tomato puree and water


Let the soup first boil and add the corn and chopped cilantro, season with salt and pepper. Wait 5 to 10 minutes for pumpkins and corn are cooked but firm.


Serve and enjoy with a few drops of lemon!


can put less water and let it dry a dish you can use to make tacos with corn tortillas, avocado and salsa. Or leave to enjoy it as soup broth.


And you have some anecdote that you have given a meal a vegetable or emotional connotation? Have you eaten something that you love just to look good?

I hope you enjoy the recipe and thanks for visiting my blog.

Have a great weekend,

Namaste,

Lau-raw = o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment